CEDAS Annual Meeting Celebrates Leaders in Statewide Economic Development
by CEDAS | Dec. 15, 2015
The CEDAS Annual meeting took place on December 9 at Farmington Gardens in Farmington, Connecticut, where more than 80 members and friends celebrated the events of the year and elected a new Board for 2016.
CEDAS annual awards were also presented to the following:
- Kenny L. Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award – Mark Pellegrini, Director of Planning and Economic Development for the Town of Manchester. In his three decades with Manchester, Mark has guided the development of the Buckland Hills commercial area, Cheney Mills redevelopment, and the revitalization of the community’s downtown. He has also been an active participant in regional economic development efforts. John Shemo, MetroHartord Alliance presented the award. (Photos: 3rd from the left top row, and 2nd from the right bottom row).
- Member of the Year – Mike Andreana, attorney at Pullman & Comley. Mike was recognized for being the primary drafter of Connecticut’s new Tax Increment Financing (TIF) legislation and for his efforts in promoting this economic development tool in the state. John Simone, CT Main Streets presented the Award. (Photos: Second from the left, 1st and 3rd row).
- President’s Award – Rose Ponte, Director of Economic Development, Town of Farmington. Rose was recognized for her work chairing the CEDAS Programs Committee which offered several well-attended and well-received events this year; as well as her dynamic leadership in economic development for the Town of Farmington. CEDAS President Patrick McMahon presented the award. (Photo: Second from the left)).
CEDAS President Patrick McMahon also thanked Elizabeth Stocker, Economic Development Director from the City of Norwalk, for more than two decades of service to CEDAS, including immediate past president (Photo: bottom right). He also thanked Luigi Fulinello, Economic Development Town of New Milford and Resource Committee Chair for his service to the Board as he prepares to complete his term. President-elect Becky Nolan continued to build on the evening’s enthusiasm and excite people for 2016, including a significant slate of programming, efforts to increase resource for members and the NEDA 2016 conference taking place in New Haven. She also presented a special thank you to President Patrick McMahon; a personalized notebook with his likeness. (Photos: Top Right)
For more information on the awards and past winners please visit Past Award Winners section.
The 2016 Executive Committee as elected is:
- Rebecca Nolan, President
- Courtney Hendricson, 1st Vice President
- Tom Burmeister, 2nd Vice President
- Beth Wallace, Secretary
- Mark Barnhart, Treasurer
- Patrick McMahon, Past President
New members elected to the Board are:
- Erin Wilson, AICP, Director of Economic Development, City of Torrington,
- Chris Edge, Economic Development Director, Town of Berlin
Committee Chairs will be:
- Programs: Rose Ponte and Cathy Lezon
- Policy: John O’Toole and Garett Sheehan
- Membership: Dudley (Skip) W. Alleman, LEP
- Scholarship: Trenton Wright, CEcD
- Resource and Community Outreach: Patrick McMahon
- Communications: Erin Wilson
- Nominations: Patrick McMahon
Originally posted at https://www.cedas.org/News/newsView.asp?NewsId=40968148 by CEDAS in CEDAS News, “CEDAS Annual Meeting Celebrates Leaders in Statewide Economic Development”. Published on Dec. 15, 2015, Accessed on Dec. 18, 2015.