The State’s Top Entrepreneurs Will Be Honored by the SBA
• WOMEN-OWNED BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: Shalini S. Madaras –SILVER PINE REAL ESTATE
• CONNECTICUT MICRO-ENTERPRISE AWARD: Vivian Akuoko – EVAY COSMETICS, LLC
• 8a GRADUATE OF THE YEAR: Fabi Giguiere -LIMPIEX CLEANING
• VETERAN ADVOCATE CHAMPION: Kenneth Michael Bibalo
• MINORITY OWNED BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: Leticia Colon de Mejia – ENERGY EFFICIENCIES
• FINANCIAL SERVICES CHAMPION: Donna Wertenbach, CEDF
“Small business owners and employees across New England are proving their resiliency as they continue to drive the nation out of recession through economic growth and job creation,” said SBA New England Regional Administrator Seth Goodall. “Small Business Week gives us an opportunity to honor their achievements and the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and determination that makes them the engine of our economy and our nation’s economic recovery.”
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953, and assists our nation’s small businesses in creating jobs, preserving free competitive enterprise, and strengthening the overall economy of our nation. The State Small Business award winners and recipients of the Champion and other Entrepreneurial awards are nominated by local trade associations, chambers of commerce and business organizations and government agencies.
More than seven outstanding small business owners from across the state will be recognized at the Connecticut Small Business Week breakfast celebration scheduled for Friday, June 6th, at Testo’s Restaurant, Bridgeport, CT.