March 22, 2019 | By: Jacqueline Valliere
Categories: Upcoming Events |
Wednesday, April 24th
Gateway Community College | 20 Church Street, New Haven
If you are aspiring to sell your products and services internationally, or you are wanting to be an international trade advisor, or you are looking for a career at an exporting company after college graduation, this 6-workshop series will help you turn your ambition into action. You will meet with instructors, the government officials and the representatives from SBA, SCORE, CTSBDC, ExIm, DECD, SBA approved lenders, export credit insurance agents, and attorneys to discuss with you your specific financial needs and technical assistance.
This workshop is about Trade Finance and Export Credit Insurance Policy and will cover the following topics:
- Understand trade finance and export credit insurance programs.
- Finance your company’s transactions.
- How to manage your foreign accounts receivables?
- Methods of Payment: Cash-In-Advance, Letters of Credit, Documentary Collections, Open Account and Consginment.
- Manage or mitigate risks related to foreign payments.
- Export Credit Insurance Policies.
- Federal and State export grant programs.
- SBA, ExIm, OPIC and USDA Trade Finance Programs.
- State Trade and Expansion Program (STEP)
- S. Branded Program
SEATING is limited up to 35 attendees.
PARKING is free at Temple Street Parking Garage only. Bring your ticket to be validated at the Gateway Security desk.