March 21, 2019 | By: Jacqueline Valliere
Categories: Upcoming Events |
Wednesday, May 1st
Gateway Community College | 20 Church Street, New Haven
If you are aspiring to sell your products and services internationally, or you are wanting to be an international trade advisor, or you are looking for a career at an exporting company after college graduation, this 6-workshop series will help you turn your ambition into action. You will meet with instructors, the government officials and the representatives from SBA, SCORE, CTSBDC, ExIm, DECD, SBA approved lenders, export credit insurance agents, and attorneys to discuss with you your specific financial needs and technical assistance.
This workshop is about Global Supply Chain Management and Export Compliance and Control and will cover the following topics:
- How to distribute goods and services throughout a trans-national companies’ global network to maximize profit and minimize waste?
- Global logistics management, competitor orientation, customer orientation, supply-chain coordination, supply management, and operations management.
- Global supply-side risk and demand side risk management.
- Incoterms 2010 by International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Rules for any mode of transport: EXW,FCA,CPT,DAT,DAP and DDP.
- Rules for sea and inland waterway transport: FAS,FOB,CFR and CIF.
- Reasons for export compliance and control.
- National Security (NS)
- Missile Technology (MT)
- Nuclear Nonproliferation (NP)
- Chemical and Biological Weapons (CB)
- Anti-Terrorism (AT), Crime Control (CC), Regional Stability (RS), Short Supply (SS)
- UN Sanctions, such as Firearms Convention (FC)
- Do you need an export license?
- What are you exporting?
- Where are you exporting?
- Who will receive your item?
- What will your export items be used for?
- Knowing whether the item you intend to export has a specific Export Control Classification Number (ECCN).
- Export compliance checklists at the federal agencies.
SEATING is limited up to 35 attendees.
PARKING is free at Temple Street Parking Garage only. Bring your ticket to be validated at the Gateway Security desk.